Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hey Michelle, what do you want for dinner tonight?

Pizza, garlic bread and pizza fritte!! Of course!! So when I came home from work today, I made a triple batch of pizza dough. Quick and easy, I have been using this dough for two years (we were getting Cooking Light Magazine when this recipe was published). While the dough was rising, I did some intervals on the trainer, preparing for my race on Saturday. Anyway, after that, the cooking began! It worked out well because Michelle was at Capristo Salon getting her hair done. Anyway... here are the results: Garlic bread in the form of freshly baked bread, with a side of grated Parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper, salt, extra virgin olive oil and lots of minced garlic. mmmm i am creating a garlic dragon.
Pizza! Two stones in the oven helped to create a wonderful crispy crust on the bottom while using the broiler at the end added a nicely browned crust on top and yummy bubbly cheese. The pizza had fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden, lots of minced garlic, hot banana peppers and grated mozzarella and provolone cheeses.
And finally, the pizza fritte! I dedicate this part of dinner to Grandma Masucci and the St. Anthony's church bazaar. The remaining dough was simply cut into small pieces, stretched out and quickly cooked in an iron skillet filled with oil. Then, it was covered with powedered sugar. perfect!
What a wonderful dinner. I'm happy, michelle's happy, and I am sure the baby is happy too.

No comments: