Monday, December 29, 2008
Sitting, waiting, peeing
Today has been uneventful so far except for some wonderful visits from family and friends. Michelle has been on the magnesium sulfate all day still. A bit too strong early on however, such that she was getting nauseous. At 4:30 she is supposed to get an oral contraction-stopping medication with the expectations that we could be discharged and travel home in a few days. The OB stopped in this morning and hopes that the oral drug will replace the IV drug. If Michelle responds well, then we go to my parents' house tonight. Tomorrow she'd have a checkup and ultrasound with the OB at his office and get the final word for travel back to PGH. That's the plan.
I did come prepared and started the morning with a wonderful cup of Ethiopian coffee made in my French Press. French Press, don't leave home without it! My mother stopped by this morning and brought some lovely flowers for Michelle and breakfast for me! While I requested, was expecting, and promised one of her wonderful egg and cheese sandwiches, I was instead treated to two McDonald's bacon, egg and cheese biscuit, hash brown and coffee. Thanks for using all the eggs at our house Steve! I'll also mention that during Heather and Sara's visit, my vegetarian sister enjoyed some of the second BACON, egg and cheese biscuit. Don't worry, she moved the bacon aside. Next visitor... Mom Smith came while Mom Wahila was here. It was nice to see them both. I ran down to the car to get some clean clothes then came back up and took a European shower in the sink essentially.
Later on in the day Michelle was feeling good enough for some food. I was on my way out to get her some McDonald's of her own and ran into Reverend Art in the hall. He got word of Michelle's hospital stay from Reverend Pat. The pastor connection rocks. Anyway, he stayed and chatted for a few minutes. It was nice to see him.
Later, Heather and Sara came to visit and we had a Christmas present exchange. Thanks ladies, it was a lot of fun! It was great to see Heather before she heads back to Philly.
What else? Beats me. I'm still kind of tired. Dad and I need to share a beer that is sitting home in his fridge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment