Sunday, December 28, 2008

Hello Wilson Hospital

The on-call OB for Lourdes Hospital happens to work out of Wilson Hospital. When he arrived at Lourdes to see Michelle, one of the first things he said was that we were going to transfer to Wilson. Not really what we expected, or wanted to happen. Michelle's insurance doesn't cover Wilson (she checked before we left PGH). However, under these circumstances we will let the OB duke it out with them for us. Anyway, we're thinking two things: 1, let's go into labor and deliver this baby! or 2, stop the contractions, go back to PGH and have the baby in a few more weeks. The doctor definitely wants to stop the contractions and prevent a premature delivery (Michelle is 34-35 weeks). BUT, if he can stop the contractions and prevent labor, that still really doesn't mean that we go back to PGH. What if we are somewhere in the middle of nowhere western NY and Michelle decides to go into labor. No good. So even if we are discharged tomorrow, we may still be in Endicott until the delivery. We hope to know more later tonight. Michelle has been given all sorts of fun medications and given blood for lots of tests. Some of the buzz words I keep hearing are: fetal fibro=nectin magnesium sulfate steroids a shot of whatever antibiotics Of course I know what some of them are, others I don't. It's all pretty crazy right now. Mostly, Michelle just doesn't want to leave the hospital and then have to go through this all over again in a few days or a week. I think she would be quite pleased if our little visit here led to labor in the next day or two. I may reiterate that Dec 30 is a fine day to have a baby. My mother would agree :o). Um that's all for now. I am kind of tired. Thanks heather for bringing a jar of PB.

1 comment:

lois said...

Hi Kevin, Michelle and baby....Ralph and I are thinking of you.....love lois/ralph/riley